2014 BMW M5 Images Leak Ahead Of Debut
The 2014 BMW M5 has been revealed on the web world before its debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, which takes place in September. The pictures were accidentally uploaded by an employee onto BMW’s online car configurator. It shows the minor upgrades to the performance sedan. The company launched the BMW M5 first time ever in 1984, being the fastest sedan in the world at that time. The current BMW M5 is based on the F10 platform and achieves 0 to 100 km/hr in just 4.4 seconds.
The changes on the refreshed version are not very prominent and one needs to observe the small tweaks made to the M5. The major changes on the exterior are the new vertical paired slat grille with the M-powered badge on it, diminutive changes in the headlights, tail lights along with new ORVM casings. Inside the cabin, a new slimmer steering wheel derived from the M6 and a touch sensitive i-Drive controller on the dashboard enhance the sportier side of the M-series.
Read The BMW M5 Review
Under the hood, apparently the same twin-turbo, 4.4-litre V8 engine will be employed that produces the power of 560 horses and 680 Nm of torque. It is likely that the company will offer an optional package that boosts the power to 575 BHP and also gives the vehicle sportier suspension along with a revised M Dynamic mode and 20-inch alloy wheels. The German ‘Motorsports’ soul is available at the exclusive price tag of Rs. 1,02,51,000/- (ex-showroom) in India. The Mercedes E63 AMG and the Jaguar XKR-S are the M5 rivals in the international market, while the upcoming Audi S6 will be a nemesis for the M5 in India.
BMW Navigation NBT (NEW)
Road Map Europe Next 2013 Professional DVD USB
2013er Maps // Multilanguage // 6 DVDs (USB) // 15.02.2013
Databasename: Road Map EUROPE Next 2013
NVIDIA GPUs will power BMW’s in-car navigation systems to deliver vivid graphics with detailed terrain models, landmarks and a stunning new interface. NVIDIA processors will be found throughout BMW’s range of models, including the 7-Series, 5-Series, 3-Series, 1-Series, Mini Cooper line and X-Series of sports activity vehicles. Models: F01, F02, F03, F04, F10, F11, F20, F21, F30, F31, F32, F33 and (allegedly) some E-Models.
BMW’s iDrive will feature high resolution visuals, real-time traffic reporting and navigation information. iDrive is the intelligent control concept that makes it intuitively simple to use a BMW’s in-car features. Its ability to clearly show the most relevant details and make anticipatory decisions to assist the driver will allow BMW owners to drive more safely and focus on the joy of driving.
Powered by NVIDIA GPUs, the BMW iDrive system provides::
- Visually rich, next-generation user interface
- Advanced state-of-the-art graphics for navigation-
- -and vehicle-information systems
- High resolution display (1280×600)
- Fast user-interface response time
- DOWNLOAD THE PDF New BMW 609
CCC System Updates 2013
We have added the TOM-TOM speed-cams database 2012 and Full 7 post-codes
This DVD set is exclusively for the BMW navigation system Professional (609) in conjunction with a CCC (Car Communication Computer). The Professional product is available as a set consisting of three DVDs. Each DVD contains a different country set and in addition the entire main road network, Western and Eastern Europe. An overview of the country allocation follows on the next page.
Free TMC service in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Spain and the Czech Republic. For the reception of the encrypted TMC service in other countries, we offer country-specific to a BMW ConnectedDrive contract.
Directory of BMW partners.
POI database with numerous categories.
Changing the Navigation DVDs: Should it be necessary during your trip to switch the DVD, the navigation system will prompt
after changing the DVD to reboot the system on. This can be done by following the fastest method: Simultaneously press the two “Eject” button of the CD and DVD drive and the volume button for about 10 seconds. Then the system will reboot and the inserted DVD can be used. It is necessary to re-enter the target. The reboot of the system should not be done while driving?
The DVD can be used in the following vehicles: E60, E61, E63, E64, E70, E71, E81, E82, E87, E88, E90, E91, E92, E93
DVD1 contains all the detailed street data for the following countries:
Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the UK. *
DVD2 contains detailed street data from all of the following countries:
Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, San Marino, Slovenia, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Vatican City. *
DVD3 contains the latest road data from the following countries:
Albania, Bulgaria, Finland, Greece, Croatia, Norway, Poland, Russia, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine and Hungary. *
* In addition, all major roads of Western and Eastern Europe included
CCC – update 1 professional 2012
This is a minor update to iDrive Professional debuted in March 2007. It adds additional programmable
buttons in the dashboard to directly access frequent functions and it removes the haptic feedback from
the iDrive professional controller. It is available on the following cars as an option;
- 1-Series E81/E82/E87/E88 manufactured between March 2007 and September 2008
- 3-Series E90/E91/E92/E93 manufactured between March 2007 and September 2008
- 5-Series E60/E61 manufactured between March 2007 and March 2010
- 6-Series E63/E64 manufactured between March 2007 and September 2009
- X5 E70 manufactured until MY2010
- X6 E71
CCC - update 2
This is a minor update debuted in September 2008 to iDrive Professional equipped cars that did not get the new CIC based system. These cars get the new iDrive controller that is also used on cars with CIC. The actual iDrive computer (CCC) remains the same. This update is available on the following cars;
- 5-Series E60/E61 manufactured from September 2008
- 6-Series E63/E64 manufactured from September 2008
CIC System Navigation
NEWS: (Updated) OUT NOW 24.07.2013
Starting as of July 2012 production, the professional next generation Navigation Professional system (609) will be available on the 5 Series Sedan, 5 Series Gran Turismo, 7 Series Sedan and Active Hybrid 3. Although the link above doesn’t mention the F30, it will also be available on the F31 touring and should be available on the F30 3 series as of July, per RWFG:
This new professional system offers faster processing and an enhanced design over the current system and incorporates several great new features:
the saloon will also get the new navigation system from July onwards.
• Streamlined radio/media menu structure
• Improved navigation submenu structure
• Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
• Weather information in navigation map
• POI enrichment*
• GoogleTM autocomplete*
* requires BMW Assist Convenience Plan.
Attached Images of the professional system
Attention: – this is a CD product.Every European country clearly mapped on this CD collection. From Sweden to Spain, from Ireland to Slovakia The 25 countries of Europe cover more than 4 million square miles. The road system that serves Europe is constantly developing and changing- making accurate maps essential for anyone driving. The new edition of NAVTEQ digital maps offers more than 7 million kilometers of coverage- and hundreds of thousands of points of interest From golf courses to theaters, and from hotels to car parks with clear accurate maps. This collection of all the latest editions of NAVTEQ digital maps is the perfect driving companion. Warning: this map update contains speed cameras for France.Within a time period agreed with the French Authorities,
CD 1 Benelux
CD 2 Central Europe
CD 3 Eastern Europe
CD 4 France
CD 5 Great Britain/Ireland
CD 6 Germany
CD 7 Italy/Greece
CD 8 Scandinavia
CD 9 Spain/Portugal
CD 10 MRE
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,
Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein,
Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Version Software CD Information
Benefits owners have seen from Version 22:
- The brightness is much better, and you can see the NAV display with polarized sunglasses.
- The white lines mapping your route to a destination disappear immediately when you turn off guidance.
- The white lines mapping your route to a destination disappear after you reach your destination.
Benefits owners have seen from Version 23:
- while V22 would show many streets with a route number (like SR581, A21, M10, etc.), after V23 is loaded on a MKIV system the display shows the actual “common” street names (like Bruce Downs Blvd, Fort Street, Southfield Road, etc.). It has not been confirmed if this also works with the MkIII systems.
Benefits owners have seen from Version 24
- Route Magnet (only on MkIV’s in Euro mode or in USA mode with Accept Screen eliminated)
Benefits owners have seen from Version 24.1
Benefits owners have seen from Version 25
- Route preferences selection “via Freeway” and “avoid Freeway” is changed to “via Highway” and “avoid Highway”
- One user also noticed a language preference change. Instead of English, German & French it is now English, German & Italian
Benefits owners have seen from Version 26
- The actual location is shown as an arrow in a circle.
- The destination is marked with a checkered flag.
- Voice guidance has more words and provides clearer directions.
- Now you can avoid a trouble spot on your route to a destination.
- Main roads are now shown at all times for enhanced visibility at a glance.
- Some graphics changed to enhance visibility at a glance… including icons.
- Map positioning in “Travel Direction” can now be selected in scales up to 100 miles
- Disable point of interest icons is now selectable as on or off
Benefits owners have seen from Version 27
- Perspective Mode for MkIV nav drives
- Disclaimer screen disappears automatically after 8 second
- City/Town names displayed in the map
- Destination input when Country (UNITED STATES or CANADA) is selected via:
- ZIP code
- City name
- Destination input when an US State or a Canadian Province is selected via:
- Street name
- City name
- ZIP code
Note: Only in conjunction with NAVTEQ DVD road Map 2006-2:
- POI (Point of Interest) icons and “City Center” icons are displayed together
- Travel Information (TMC) is no longer displayed (is inactive and not selectable)
- Entries in “Address Book/Last Destination” displayed as:
- City name, Street name (Destination entry via City name)
- ZIP code, City name, Street name (Destination entry via ZIP code)